Sunday, August 06, 2006

When To Ship Your Item

Customer satisfaction is your number one aim. So, you need to ship fast… but don’t let this throw you off.

I used to ship 4-5 days a week. This eventually shrank to one day, Friday. Most customers complement my fast shipping. Never once has someone said, "Hey, you were a little slow with the shipment.”

Actually, it’s a little unfair for the folks who win on Friday, but as a rule I never end auctions on a Friday since it’s probably the worst day to end an auction.

I did this for site traffic reasons by the way.

The people who win on Saturday and Sunday never expect the shipment until the next week.

I also alert them about my shipping day and give them a reason for it… most people appreciate that. They know when to expect the shipment and I don’t have to email them to let them know when I send it.

So every Friday, back when I sold heavily, I would get up around 7am and get everything ready to go. It normally took me about an hour or two to prepare things for the mailman to pickup.
Pick one or two prime days per week to do your shipping business. Stick to it, it gives everything order. Get it done and out of the way.