Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pictures a Must on your Ebay Auction ads!

A Thousand Words is Worth a Picture

I am no photography expert. I rarely take pictures of my products, don't even have a camera, but I do know this...

Photos and other pics make you and your item credible. The better you are with your camera the more bids you’re going to get.

If you have a digital camera, use it. Take several photos of important aspects of the item, flaws and all. If your teapot has crack in it be sure to take a picture of that as well.

Also remember; by inserting a photograph of the item you are selling you get a 'Pic' graphic next to your item description.

Bidders look for the 'Pic' symbol and will be more inclined to visit.

I ALWAYS use some pics in my ads.

Don't be afraid to weave some images and graphics into your auctions- but if you do… make sure it contributes to you message.


A sprinkling of clipart does wonders for html ads, if it contributes to the message. If not, don't use them. They distract.

So, to make money selling on Ebay, use pictures!!