Saturday, September 09, 2006

Create Your My eBay Page

eBay gives you a 'My eBay' page for free - and it is very important to utilise this if you want to make money selling on eBay. Don't overlook the significance of it- you can use these to give buyer important information and much more…

In your business on the web your ‘My eBay’ page and/or website is the center for all your promotional activities.

Have a nice 'My eBay' page set up with your USP (unique selling position) and a simple picture of you.

Include your contact info and a well thought out sales message that encourages them to visit your auctions and/of website, wherever you product is being offered.

Persuade the reader to scroll down the page (where they will see your feedback and current auctions). You'll receive a jump in credibility- something you can never have too much of.

You also get a little icon beside your user I.D. that bidders will see when they visit your auction. People click these things to find out about YOU.

Let me stress: Your “My eBay” page is an important sales letter.

Perhaps the most important one you can make in your auction business. Your auctions come and go- it doesn’t make much sense to promote a link that disappears after 7 days.

Your "My eBay" link is the one you're going to promote.

Most people waste their “My eBay” page. It is the equivalent to the first page of a website, so it needs to say something that grasps the readers attention and leads them where you want them to go.


A finely tuned "My eBay" page is the rallying point for all your external auction marketing.